Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Post MidCrit

So its been a while since my last post so I have a lot of info to cover pre- and post-midreview of my intervention.  After completing the collage and basic model I began to design in section to create a realization with the program included in the concept.  I wanted to create the linear, strip-like quality I achieved in the collage with the view diagram/drawdel.  My first sectional sketch was created by using the walls of the cubism landscape model and perceiving them as floor plates in section instead of walls in plan. I continued with a sketch inspired by the small model I posted pictures of with the collage; an underground scheme that pushed up through the ground into a tower.  The drafted section that was presented at my mid review took a different approach and dug into the ground instead of 'erupting' up, but it lost the linear quality and power that I generated in my collage even with my integration of the 'strips' as the structure and even light screens.




After hearing the insightful comments of the guest critiques I know the direction I have to move in and I am looking to infuse my stronger concept into the plan and section of this intervention.  It started with my unfinished model for the mid review when it landed sideways on my desk after I threw it.  It had a linear quality that started to kickstart my rethinking of my design.  Also, the movies watched in studio on tuesday have given me some ideas for rethinking certain spaces with integration of light, objects, and portals to direct views, focus, and even circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment