Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm going to Harvard

After concluding our cubist analysis of drawings, models, seeing machines, etc. the task at hand is choosing a site on the Harvard campus that is within viewing proximity of the Carpenter Center.  My first mistake was thinking what I was going to put on the site and then picking the place to put it.  After my desk crit today I realize (aka was told) to think about what emotion/feeling I want to achieve and choose part of the campus within the criteria of viewing the Carpenter Center that evokes the sensation.  The question is...'what is the question?' - meaning what am I trying to answer about the site as my reason for selecting a specific area.  I have decided to focus on the idea of a Continuum as the question and now hope to find the answer through my analysis with the Continuum in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment