Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Too Polite!

My architecture studio had a critique today of our three general designs based on cubism, our seeing machines, and our site analysis/mapping.  After this crit I realize that I need to push my ideas farther and revert back to my previous models for reference in my building design.  My three schemes all held to existing lines of the site and were "too polite" for what I need to achieve.  Cubism was executed with an above grade scheme, seeing machines was approached with a below grade scheme, and mapping was done through an on grade scheme.  Now I need to combine some of the good aspects of each design and push them farther than the rational ideas.  Shards is a perfect word to start my new combined design around as I look into a way to fight horizontal circulation tension at the two buildings' corners.  Is it possible to fix a problem of tension by introducing a new form of tension?

No comments:

Post a Comment